Physical Performance Consultant
Programme Director for the Strength and Power Curriculum (coming 2022)
Experienced high-performance consultant and strength and conditioning coach. Mark has been involved in elite sports as a performer and coach for 30 years. He has worked with and advised elite athletes from a variety of sports that includes rugby union and tennis.
- Honorary Research Fellow at Swansea University
- Physical performance consultant in professional tennis. Currently working with Alexander Zverev (World Rank 3, Olympic Gold Medallist in singles 2021)
- Head of Physical Performance Russian Rugby (2018-2021)
- Head of Sports Science and Medicine with the English Rugby Union (2017-2018)
- Head of Performance Bristol Rugby (June 2014 – June 2017)
- Head of Strength and Conditioning Ospreys Rugby, winners of 2 x league titles (2009-2014)
- Welsh Rugby Union, Head of Strength and Conditioning (2005-2009), Head of Academies S&C (2002-2005). During this period Wales won 2 x Grand Slams and Triple crowns
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Bristol Shoguns (1999-2002)
- Master in Research Sports Science Swansea University 2017-2019. Utilising machine learning techniques to understand the critical performance indicators that determine match outcome in rugby union.
- Contributed to a number of published articles in peer reviewed journals
- Professional Rugby player (1989-99). Played for Wales in the 1995 Rugby World Cup and represented Wales Under 18, 19, 20, 21 age grade levels)